cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Smart Array P800 Controller

fabianborg
Occasional Advisor

HP Smart Array P800 Controller

I have an old HP ProLiant DL185 G5 Storage Server with twelve large form factor (LFF) 3.5" drive bays and HP Smart Array P800/512MB Controller with dual battery-backed write cache (BBWC), which I like to reconfigure into a Linux cloud storage.

I would like to ask if the P800 controller can handle drives in exess of 2TB per bay on the LFF of the server. The drives I am after are the Seagate Iron Wolf Pro.

With best regards

Fabian
5 REPLIES

Re: HP Smart Array P800 Controller

Hi,

Max. 1TB Support.

8.0TB (8 x 1TB Hot Plug 3.5" SATA hard drives)
8.0TB (8 x 1TB Hot Plug 3.5" SAS hard drives)

Given the increasing need for high performance and rapid capacity expansion, the SA-P800 offers:

Up to 12TB of external storage per PCI slot with 4 HP 50 Modular Smart Array enclosures and 40 x 300GB SFF SAS hard drives.
Up to 57.6 TB of external storage per PCI slot with 8 HP 60 Modular Smart Array enclosures and 96 x 600GB 3.5" SAS hard drives
Up to 96 TB of external storage per PCI slot with 8 HP 60 Modular Smart Array enclosures and 96 x 1TB 3.5" SATA MDL hard drives
Up to 30 TB of external storage per PCI slot with 4 HP 70 Modular Smart Array enclosures and 100 x 300GB SFF SAS hard drives
Up to 25 TB of external storage per PCI slot with 4 HP 70 Modular Smart Array enclosures and 100 x 250GB SFF SATA ETY hard drives
NOTE: Support for greater than 2TB in a single logical drive.

Kind Regards,
Erdogan.
I am HPE Employee

If this helps you with your issue, please click the thumb to register a Kudo.
If it resolves the issue, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution.
The comments in this post are my own and do not represent an official reply from the company. No warranty or guarantees of any kind are expressed in my reply.
fabianborg
Occasional Advisor

@Erdogan TemurNOTE: Support for greater than 2TB in a single logical drive, does this mean that I can install 12 enterprise drives of 10TB each

With best regards

Fabian

yes

Kind Regards,
Erdogan.
I am HPE Employee

The comments in this post are my own and do not represent an official reply from the company. No warranty or guarantees of any kind are expressed in my reply.
fabianborg
Occasional Advisor

@Erdogan Temuras usual thanks a lot, you are really helping me find my way around HP servers as having a Dell background, I was a bit lost at first

With best regards

Fabian

Hi @fabianborg

You're welcome. ;)

Kind Regards,
Erdogan.
I am HPE Employee