ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748261 Members
3610 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Smart Update Manager error "unable to run component due access error" on all products

SOLVED
Go to solution
mbrownnyc
Advisor

HP Smart Update Manager error "unable to run component due access error" on all products

Hello,

I am attempting to install the newest PSP for an ML350 G5, and I can not proceed through the HPSUM due to the following error when I attempt to install several different products report "unable to run component due access error." [sic]

Is anyone familiar with how to solve this issue? It is worth stating that in the Management Homepage, none of the integrated agents are functioning (although they are registered, they time out).

Thanks,

Matt
2 REPLIES 2
LuckyP_1
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Re: HP Smart Update Manager error "unable to run component due access error" on all products

Do we have set the serial number correctly in BIOS.

There would be a .cmd file in PSP folder, n the folder where you extracted the PSP there are a bunch of files and one of them has a .cmd extension. Run this and it will install the items in the PSP.
MrWillieMatt
Occasional Visitor

Re: HP Smart Update Manager error "unable to run component due access error" on all produc

change your Temp Variable %temp% to something simple without spaces like c:\temp. Completely close out "Smart" start DVD menus then run it again and it should work fine