1753501 Members
3656 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP SmartStart 7.00 setup on a DL380 G2

Paul Snook_2
Advisor

HP SmartStart 7.00 setup on a DL380 G2

I have a DL380 G2 that was originally set up with Compaq SmartStart 5.40. I have successfully rebuilt it using HP SmartStart 7.00, but I notice that the small utility partition has not been created, and when I press F10 to enter the System Partition Utilities, the message "The System Partition Utilities are not available on this computer" appears. How can I get the utility partion created? I cannot see an option with the SmartStart 7.00 menus. Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
JohnWRuffo
Honored Contributor

Re: HP SmartStart 7.00 setup on a DL380 G2

Paul:
SmartStart 7.xx, as well as 6.xx, no longer create the system partiton. The product was made to support systems that have the RBSU.

For the DL380 G2, you can configure the system settings without the system partiton. For diagnostics on the server, now you can use Insight Diagnostics (either online version or the offline version from CD)
Unfortunately, the create the system partiton will require you to perform a system erase and go back to using SmartStart 5.xx.

The good news is that, you do not "need" the partiton to get the server to config and run. You have recovered 32Mb of drive space.
Enjoy!

Do you need help with your HP product?
Try this: http://www.hp.com/support/hpgt
Paul Snook_2
Advisor

Re: HP SmartStart 7.00 setup on a DL380 G2

Thanks for the info!