cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP System Event Notifier did not notify me of a failed hard drive

bkesting1
Advisor

HP System Event Notifier did not notify me of a failed hard drive

Have a Proliant ML360 G6 that experienced a failed drive in a RAID array two days ago.  System Event Notifier is installed and setup, yet it never notified me about the failed drive.  I only knew about it when I walked into the data room and saw the amber light on the failed drive.

The logs show the failed drive, and the System Event Notifier service is running. I can send test notifications to my email and when I plugged in a USB drive to do some immediate backup, the Event Notifier sent me notification that a USB device was plugged in.  Yet it never notified me of the failed drive.  What should I look for as to the cause of this?  All events in System Event Notifier setup are selected.

The array is rebuilding right now, it'll be interesting to see if I get a notification once the array is back to 100%.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES
bkesting1
Advisor

Re: HP System Event Notifier did not notify me of a failed hard drive

Well, array rebuilt and no notification.  After it built, I pulled power to one of my redundant power supplies and that set off a notification, and notified again when the power was back in a redundant state.

It is interesting as to why disk/array events are not sending out notifications.

bkesting1
Advisor

Anyone have any thoughts?

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

What OS?
What health agents are loaded?
What model disk controller?

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! Accept or KudoI work for HPE
bkesting1
Advisor

OS is Windows Server 2012.

All HP Agents are loaded and running.

Controller is a Smart Array P410i