1753440 Members
4743 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP System Management Homepage

Kimberly Joyner
Advisor

HP System Management Homepage

I'm not able to get on to the HP System Management Homepage. I enter the username and password but it doesnot register. How do I reset the username and password so I can get on the page?

I get this error:

This is a monitored private system. Do not attempt to login unless you are an authorized user.
Note: This version of the HP System Management Homepage uses host operating system authentication.

Thanks.
9 REPLIES 9
Louis Henninger_1
Regular Advisor

Kimberly,

This is indicating the username and password are not an admin user on the system.

Regards,

Louis
Kimberly Joyner
Advisor

I'm using my Administrator username and password. It's how I login to the server so I know it's correct.
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello Kimberly,
Which browser are you using IE 6.0 or IE7.0 or Mozilla ?
Where you able to login earlier ?

HP SMH Insecure Port: 2301
HP SMH Secure Port: 2381
Are these ports added in windows firewall exception list ?

Regards.
wassim Krouna

Hi,
Please specify your Domain\Administrator and password if you have an Active Directory
wassim Krouna

Hi,
Please specify your Domain\Administrator and password if you have an Active Directory
installed
wassim Krouna

Hi,
Please specify in login Domain\Administrator and password if you have an Active Directory
installed
Kimberly Joyner
Advisor

I created a dummy account with administrator privilages and was able to login using the domain/username method but I'm still not able to login as the regular administrator. I even rebooted, logged in as administrator to the server and then tried to login to the Management homepage and it told me the password was wrong. Very odd.

At least now I'm in.
Norman Kuehn
Occasional Advisor

Use the local administrator with capital "A" - Administrator.
If it does not work login with
domain\administrator.
This should work :-)
Kimberly Joyner
Advisor

The exact same username and password would work one minutes and then after a reboot it would no longer work. I finally just upgraded to a new version and it appears to have corrected the issue. Thanks.