Re: HP System Management Homepage

SOLVED
Go to solution
Yanick Quirion
Regular Advisor

HP System Management Homepage

Dear all,

I'm not sure I
My question is regarding HP System Management Homepage I have installed on my DL380G5 server. I'm looking into that page a way to send any problem related to the server, like a failed HDD, using an SMTP account. I'm not really good with SNMP and I prefer using SMTP if that is possible.

The server I manage is far away from me and last week a drive failed into it and I saw it only today. Having an e-mail telling me this information will be helpful.

Thank you and best regards,
Yanick

4 REPLIES 4
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hello,
you need some smtp aware software to catch smtp events from HP management (including SMH).
There is plenty of them, like Dell Open Manage or HP Insight manager .
We use last mentioned - we have mostly HP enviroment, it works OK, relatively easy to deploy na free for all basic needs.

Jan
Alborz-Mahmoodi
Frequent Advisor

HI,

i suggested you to install the SIM(System Insight Manager is located on your Management DVD on Foundation suit pack)then configure the event handling to get the report from your server if the failure will be accrued .
Yanick Quirion
Regular Advisor

Dear Jan and Alborz-Mahmoodi,

Thank you very much for your replies.

I'm have another question. Is the SIM should be installed on each server or on another system that will manage all my HP servers?

Thank you and best regards,
Yanick
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

hello, off course it is only one centralized server - able to monitor all others (even thousands)

Jan