1753701 Members
5072 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP System Management Homepage

Joseph Strawbridge_1
Occasional Contributor

HP System Management Homepage

When attempting to upgrade the HP System Management Homepage version 2.1.5.146 I receive the following error:

Setup Initialization Error
There is insufficient memory to run Setup
Try closing any open applications or Restarting Windows

There aren't any applications running and I have restarted Windows several times. I also have tried to force the installation with the same result.

I was able to uninstall the version that was installed, but I am still getting the same error.

Can anybody help me with this I have run into this problem on alot of my servers.

Thanks,
Joe
8 REPLIES 8
Albert Austin
Esteemed Contributor

Re: HP System Management Homepage

What is hardware you trying this on and its specs? Looks like Win 2003, am I correct?
Joseph Strawbridge_1
Occasional Contributor

The systems I am working on right now are HP Proliant DL580 G3 running Windows Server 2003 SP1.
ALEC EVERTS

I am getting the same error on multiple machines trying to install 2.1.x.x. 2.0.2.106 installs and runs fine. Problem systems are DL360 G2, DL360 G3, ML570 G2. I have other similar systems running the update just fine.

When running thru an update on CMS the system just hangs. When running locally, a Microsoft ODBC installation window opens and reports the 'insufficient memory' error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Beugger Daniel

I get the same error when i install SupportPack 7.40, 7.51
7.30 ist OK
RGP
Frequent Advisor

This appears to be a a limitation of the particular InstallShield program.

Run Setup with the -z
setup -z

(-z Prevents Setup.exe from checking the available memory during initialization. This switch is necessary when running a setup on a machine with more than 256 MB of memory; if it is not used, Setup.exe reports insufficient memory and exits.)
Marco_Guillen
Occasional Advisor

Try to install the SMHP using the PSP 7.51
Ask me, and trust my answers lol
IA Infrastructuur

I also tried to install it through PSP 7.51, but it just won't install the SM HP, manually through CMS the correct file would be cp005887.exe for w2k3 systems, but then the Microsoft ODBC error/reinstallation appears.
IA Infrastructuur

If U manually install the corresponding file and don't choose or push the installbutton but select extract then it will reinstall the SM HP. Strange...