6695 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP Teaming Cable unplugged while both NICS are connected

Silvester2
Frequent Advisor

HP Teaming Cable unplugged while both NICS are connected

Hi Guys,

Since the last upgrade to the newest versions of both the NIC drivers and HP Teaming, the server connection drops and HP Team shows "Cable Unplugged"....
When i look at the NICs i can see the LEDs blinking, and in windows they show as "Connected".

Disabling the NICs and re-enabling solves it. But after an hour or so, the connection drops again.

Any idea's?

Cheers,

Silvester Bosman
4 REPLIES 4
juan quesada
Respected Contributor

Re: HP Teaming Cable unplugged while both NICS are connected

hi,

which NIC's do you have and in which server? which is your operating system? and which driver and NCU are you using?
which configuration do you have for the team and were to do have connected the NIC's?

regards,
RonBayCare
Occasional Advisor

The HP NCU shows the cable as disconnected, but do you see the functional team in Windows as connected and the holder of the IP adressing information?

This appears to be related to false reporting to the NCU, but if you can verify the system is online via ping and the teamed adapter is the connection router, then it's working as intended.

Try updating the drivers from the latest SmartStart CD or push the latest PSP from your SIM server. That will remove driver issues and the NCU as culprits and you can further troubleshoot from the network-side of things (i.e. large send offload or multi-casting traffic).
ldoodle
Frequent Advisor

Remove the HP drivers and teaming software and install the proper Broadcom drivers and BACS3 (Broadcom Advanced Control Suite 3) application.

Then reconfigure the team in BACS.

All my HP servers (approx 20) are configured this way.

You have far more control using BACS over the limited HP web-based application.
Silvester2
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for the responses, but i've already fixed it myself.

I've re-applied the HP Teaming config using the command line:

rem save settings
cqniccfg /Sc:\niccfg.xml

rem configure settings
cqniccfg /Cc:\niccfg.xml

The issue never returned...

Regards,

Silvester