1751695 Members
4577 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP USB Key Utility 1.5.0.0 on Windows XP SP3

dogo_1

HP USB Key Utility 1.5.0.0 on Windows XP SP3

Hello all,

this April I used HP USB Key Utility to transfer latest firmware update DVD onto a 4GB (JetFlash) USB stick.

I succeeded once, after which the USB Key Utility categorically tells me 'An error occurred trying to read the ISO file. The file maybe damaged or not an ISO file.'

The MD5 matches so the image should be OK.

I've removed and reinstalled the application a few times without success. Does anyone else have similar experience or any advice on this?

Best regards,

--
Mikko

P.S. This thread has been moved from Servers > General to ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL) - HP Forums moderator

9 REPLIES 9
Joe S Haight III

I am having the same problem with the firmware version 9 DVD. It will not allow me to use the ISO to burn to a Lexar firefly 2GB USB stick. Still works with the CD in the drive, but I have to create it from the iso file first. Works, but wasting my DVD's...
Joe S Haight III

BTW, I am using version 1.5 of the USB Key Utility (29-mar-2010)
gregersenj
Honored Contributor

I have just testet

USB util 1.5
FW DVD 9.1
XP prof. SP 3.
Direct from ISO file.

No problem

Greate Now I don't need deamon tools :)

BR
/jag

Accept or Kudo

_RAW_

If u need to create bottable USB from Smart DVD and get error about corrupted iso - do the write iso onto real dvd (for example with Nero) and do USB key from expanded dvd.
it works everytime.
Rothfuchs, Hans-Georg
Occasional Advisor

Hello,

i have the same problem generating a stick from iso file, also with 1.6.0.0.

I tested with 2011.09.0 and V9.10C using XP-Sp3 on a Fujitsu PC.

What a platform is used?

Regards,

gregersenj
Honored Contributor

I still don't have any problems.
Win XP prof. SP3. Used 1.5.1 and 1.6. On 2, 4 and 8 G B USB mem. sick, also tried to have multible versions on the same stick and Smatr Start. and all kind of documents, log files etc, on the stick. and it sill work.
I just downlaod the package, extract it, and then select the ISO fil as source.

Accept or Kudo

Elumbis
Occasional Visitor

I have the same problem with the same gear/software (but dell pc). Called support but the were not able to help me out.

I did the work around and installed a virtual CD drive and mounted the ISO, then pointed the HP software there.

I used the freeware http://www.magiciso.com/ that did not requier a reboot after install (xp pro sp3).

mpw-nl

Looks like version 1.7 of the usb key utililty finally fixes this issue. Had this issue in 1.6 and going to 1.7 fixed it. Even mentions it is the release notes for 1.7 it fixes issues with large iso files.

gregersenj
Honored Contributor

Yes, 1.6 can't create the SPP's direktly from the ISO file, you will ned a 3rd party tool to mout the SIO as a DVD, ei. Deamon tools.

That problem has been solved with 1.7.

BR

/jag

Accept or Kudo