1748182 Members
3543 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Version Control Agent

vluu
Frequent Advisor

The steps you provided seems like the right way to go,,,but for myself and some other user's who posted; we can not uninstall VCA thru add/remove programs because its not listed...and when I try to re-inatall the vca agent again, the installation process quits because it detects it as already installed, even if i try to force installation, i get the results.
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi vluu

and what happens if you just install cp008277.exe -> version control agent latest version included in PSP 8.0?

any error? is it possible?

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Eric Sabo_1
Regular Advisor

I had to complete hack the registy in order to get the VCA to install. Sorry the post is so late but I have been busy lately.
vluu
Frequent Advisor

Karlo, I have tried the exe form PSP 8.0 nad no luck. The installer stops saying it already exists.

Eric, can you elaborate on what you mean by a complete registry hack?

Thanks
vluu
Frequent Advisor

anybody still having this problem who knows a resolution?
Steve Evernham
Advisor

I have an open case with HP for problems related to PS 8.00A. There seems to be way too many people having problems with it. I recommend deploying 7.91 until the next release of PSP is out. 8.00A seems to be a problem child and should be skipped!
vluu
Frequent Advisor

thanks steve for the update
remacle_1

remacle_1

Hi,

I fixed my problem by installing first the previous version of the agent
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=428936&prodNameId=3288114&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-7481b133ab484907873bc5d017
cp007999.exe
then the cp008277.exe
those does not request any reboot.

hope this can help
regards
Jo
CPUFIX

Hi Guys,

Now I also ran into the problem where the Version Control Agent would refuse to install properly. (DL360 G3)
I tried removing all HP support pack components and found the VCA would not go.
Tried manually removing using a HP advisory, no good either.
Tried version 791, would not install either.

So a trick from my home pc days was the last thing I was going to try before starting again.

Installed YourUninstaller2008 (shareware) and had it clean up the references to the stuck VCA, and VOILA! it was gone and ver 8 installed right away.

After the reboot it was all back to normal.

Hope it helps.