New Discussion

HP Windows 2012 Foundation ROK - cannot install DotNET 3.5

SOLVED
Go to solution
Urvhalt
Occasional Collector

HP Windows 2012 Foundation ROK - cannot install DotNET 3.5

Hello!

Have recently purchaded an HP Proliant ML310e Gen8 + HP Windows 2012 foundation ROK

( system info says build is 6.2.9200.16442 )

The purpose for the server is to run Autodesk vault 2012. This has some prerquisites: ISS and DotNET 3.5.

In the server manager there is the option to add support for DotNET 3.5, however it fails:

Add roles and functions faiils with: could not find source files.

I have tried some suggested solutions, like copying the source directory on the dvd to a folder on the server and using

dism:

xcopy d:\sources\sxs\*.* c:\net35 /s

Dism.exe /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /All /Source:c:\net35 /LimitAccess

Dism says the image version is 6.2.9200.16384

Dism fails with error 0x800f081f

Any ideas how to solve this?

Thank you / Patrik

1 REPLY 1
Urvhalt
Occasional Collector
Solution

Re: HP Windows 2012 Foundation ROK - cannot install DotNET 3.5

Solved, i put the solution here if it can do any good.

Changed GPO:   Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Specify setting for optimal component installation and component repair

To: Enabled

with the option:  Contact Windows Update directly to download repair content instead of Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)

Maybe this is due to that i did set up this server as a replication ad in a domain controled by an previos axisting sbs2008 server, telling everyone in the domain to use the sbs2008  wsus service. I think i had to set up the new win 2012 server this way to avoid having the sbs2008 server shutting down due to the apperance of another domain controller.

The changed GPO made it possible to install .NET 3.5