ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748060 Members
5015 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

HP proliant DL360 g6, no boot, no post, long beep - URGENT

Neil_Cabral

HP proliant DL360 g6, no boot, no post, long beep - URGENT

Hi guys, please aplogise my english, i am Angolan so... please help.

I have an hp proliant DL360 G6 server that was 1 year stopped.. 

I turned it on last week and it was working just fine. So i left it working during the weekend. 

On Monday when i returned i notice that it was on suspension mode. I tried to bring it back to life but no results.

So i turned it off by pressing the button, when i turned it on again it wont boot and no post. I only gives me a long beep continuosly. I have changed the memorys, processor and fans are runing fine. The internal leds on MB are all green but i have a blinking green led next to the memory slots 1. On front the power button led is green but the health led is blinking red.

Note: I have changed the hard disks when i turned it on the first time one year and it was working perfectly fine.

I posted attached images from ILO.

Need help with the diagnostic please. it is urgent.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: HP proliant DL360 g6, no boot, no post, long beep - URGENT

Hi,

Bring the server to minimum configuration, for example:

1 Processor

2 sticks of RAM

Remove any Add-On cards if installed

Remove any external devices which is not necessary for POST

Clear NVRAM from System Maintenance Switch

Refer to this link and check page# 67 & 68

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c01704762

Thank You!
I am a HP employee

Useful Links for ProLiant Servers

Self Solve Options for ProLiant Servers

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Neil_Cabral

3 questions..

- Do I need to unplug the power cable to clear the switch.?

- By clear the switch you mean bring it to on state and then off again?

- When i clear the NVRAM it erases all configuration from CMOS and NVRAM, but what about the RAID controller config. Does it erase it to?

Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

Do switch OFF the server before clearing NVRAM.

Switch ON the server and if it completes POST, it will give information that settings are cleared.

Clearing NVRAM does not clear RAID configuration because its stored on hard drives.

Thank You!
I am a HP employee.

Useful Links for ProLiant Servers

Self Solve Options for ProLiant Servers

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Neil_Cabral

Bring the server to minimum configuration, for example:

1 Processor

A: i only used one from first day.

2 sticks of RAM

A: Only 2 from first day.

Remove any Add-On cards if installed

A: None installed.

Remove any external devices which is not necessary for POST

A: Removed.

Clear NVRAM from System Maintenance Switch

A: cleared. i switched off the serve and plug off the power cord, cleared NVRAM, plug on power cord, turn on server.

Done.!! No results.

I might have done something wrong.

waaronb
Respected Contributor

You could try different memory if you have any compatible modules.

I ran into an issue with one of my older DL360 G6 servers recently where it wouldn't boot up because one of the fan modules was making a bad connection.  If I removed that fan module it would boot up, and I could plug it back in after the system was running and it worked fine.  Very strange.

So you might try a few things like that, removing one fan bank at a time to see if that helps.

And just check all of the connections in general.  Make sure the CPU/heat sink is snug in the socket, remove and reseat the memory, check that all of the fans are fully inserted as well as the power supply.  When a system has been turned off for that long there's a chance it's been moved around and maybe handled a little roughly so it's worth checking all of those.  Same thing as when you get a new system since things can shift during shipment.

CostinCocu
Occasional Advisor

so....

try to start the server with only 1 cpu and only 1 dimm. there are not needed 2 dims to start the server. if you have the same error with 1 of the dims try with the other. if is still not working.... try to remove all dims and start the server without memory. if you have activity on display is the memory.

is still not working try to start the server with the cpu in the 2nd slot but be carefull to not bent the cpu pins.

if still not working... than can be cpu, m/b or both of the dimms. i suspect is the the cpu or m/b and not the dimms. that sound is ussualy when you have no cpu installed as far as i know.

I can offer assistance regarding: DL380 G8, ML350 G8,9 DL560 G8 and most of the DL G9