108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP server ML370R05 Dual Core and Maximum HDD capacity it can handle

SOLVED
Go to solution
Tarek Judeh

HP server ML370R05 Dual Core and Maximum HDD capacity it can handle

Dear All,

I have this HP Server in the office ( HP server ML370R05 Dual Core Intel Xeon Processor 5140 @ 2.33 GHz) but i would like to check what is the maximum capacity of single HDD it will accept i mean is it going to accept 1TB HDD or 600GB HDD or only 300GB HDD i need to know that so i can plan how many HDD should i get.

Best Regards,
4 REPLIES 4
TTr
Honored Contributor
Solution

Assuming this is a ML370 G5 (R05 is the rack version), according to the quickspecs the maximum disk is you can add is 500GB (MDL SAS or SFF SATA)

This is official and supported from HP. Other people have succesfully added larger third party drives but you would not be supported by HP if you did this.

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12478_na/12478_na.HTML
Tarek Judeh

Thanks a lot for the replay
but if i added more than 500GB HP will not support me in all the server or just the HDD ???
TTr
Honored Contributor

It depends. In some cases they may refuse to talk to you if they see the hard disk in. Isn other cases they will help you if for example you have a problem with the memory or a CPU. It really depends on who is handling the case with you.
Saberus
Valued Contributor

If you use drives that have S.M.A.R.T. you shouldn't have problems, but if you install one without it, the controller will most likely fail the drive almost immediately.

If it's not an HP drive and it does have S.M.A.R.T., the controller will try to work with the drive as best it can.

As always, using HP Genuine parts will limit headaches, as long as the controller firmware is up to date, you should be able to use any drive HP currently offers in the appropriate form factor.