ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752751 Members
5144 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HPDL380g4 libtcrib.so error from HPSS 8.5 Win2008R2 stops booting.

rjt_1
Frequent Advisor

HPDL380g4 libtcrib.so error from HPSS 8.5 Win2008R2 stops booting.

When i boot using HP SmartStart 8.5, there is an error "libtcrib.so" "Failed to get valid controller". i ignored the error at first because HPSmartStart 8.5, Linux, and Win2008R2 all clearly see the HP SA6i Array Controller and the BackPlane 6L6i.

HP Insight Diagnostics All Tests were run for about 24hours and after 8 passes:
no errors appeared in "Diagnosis Log",
no errors in "Test Log", and
no errors in "Integrated Management Log".

However, on the screen "HP Insight Diagnostics" --> "Log" --> "Error Log", there is the "libtcrib.so" "Failed to get valid controller".

Again, it seems inconsequential, but Win2008R2 mysteriously stopped booting and i don't know why. 32bit versions of Fedora 11 and 13 have run on 4 machines (1 later converted to Win2008R2) for months without any problems booting. This has happened on two different Win2008R2 machines for no apparent reason. The first instance was a reboot after windows activation. The second time on a different machine, i am not sure what really changed, but i very well may have activated windows.

Any comments welcome because i do not feel comfortable putting these machines into production with Win2008R2.
2 REPLIES 2
rjt_1
Frequent Advisor

Re: HPDL380g4 libtcrib.so error from HPSS 8.5 Win2008R2 stops booting.

i am attaching some files from the SmartStart diagnostics. i also saved log files from /opt/hp/hpdiags/ if that would help.

Windows will run and reboot numerous times, including complete poweroffs including the iLO baseboard, but it seems after Windows Activation (maybe), the HP DL 380 G4 will hang at
"Attempting Boot From Hard Drive (C:)".

Attached is the XML file(s).
rjt_1
Frequent Advisor

Re: HPDL380g4 libtcrib.so error from HPSS 8.5 Win2008R2 stops booting.

There is a 3MB libtcrib.so and a 190byte libtcrib.so.dat file. The text contents of the dat file are:

RIBTestComponent
GromitDevice
GROMITILO0
Device
Device
" c
libtcrib.so