ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748139 Members
4146 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HPE Agentless Management service, Infosight hostnames, Ubuntu linux?

SOLVED
Go to solution
AWR
Advisor

HPE Agentless Management service, Infosight hostnames, Ubuntu linux?

Hi,

I have a lot of Gen 10 servers with the uBuntu Linux installed. On HPE Infosight the hostnames, and operating system are not reflected on Infosight. Is the HPE Agentless Management service available for uBuntu, and does it suport both Proliant and Apollo servers?

Kind regards

Andrew Rycroft

3 REPLIES 3
support_s
System Recommended

Query: HPE Agentless Management service, Infosight hostnames, Ubuntu linux?

System recommended content:

1. HPE InfoSight

2. Canonical Ubuntu

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

AWR
Advisor

Re: Query: HPE Agentless Management service, Infosight hostnames, Ubuntu linux?

Thank you for your response, but I cannot find anything on these links relating to:-

HPE Agentless Management service running on the Ubuntu Linux operation system that then uses the HPE Agentless Management service to access Infosight and provide the host names to Infosight etc.
Andrew Rycroft
Solutions Architect
Enterprise

T: **removed**
F:
C: **removed**
E: **removed**

DISCLAIMER NOTICE:

Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relating to the official business of Datacentrix Holdings Ltd. and its subsidiaries
('Datacentrix') is proprietary to Datacentrix. It is confidential, legally privileged and protected by law. Datacentrix does not
own and endorse any other content. Views and opinions are those of the sender unless clearly stated as being that of Datacentrix.
The person addressed in the e-mail is the sole authorised recipient. Please notify the sender immediately if it has unintentionally
reached you and do not read, disclose or use the content in any way. Datacentrix cannot assure that the integrity of this communication
has been maintained nor that it is free of errors, virus, interception or interference.

Moderator Edit: Removed the personal information for privacy. 

Suman_1978
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: HPE Agentless Management service, Infosight hostnames, Ubuntu linux?

Hi,

Management Component Pack for Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.  # dpkg -i hponcfg
HPE Integrated Lights Out (iLO 5) for Gen10 Servers - Configuring iLO Management Settings.
Gen10 Service Pack for ProLiant, v2022.03.0 - Server Support Guide.
The above guide shows the compatibility of AMS with various servers and OS.

Thank You!
I work with HPE but opinions expressed here are mine.
Recent Support Video Releases

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo