ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748240 Members
3818 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HPE DL380g Gen8 Cache Module Status Failed.

SOLVED
Go to solution
binhnguyen16
Occasional Contributor

HPE DL380g Gen8 Cache Module Status Failed.

Hi evryone,

My HPE server says "memory degraded" with "Cache module status Failed". I see some posts saying that the raid card needs to be replaced, this server is using the P420i raid card. The question is, is it possible to replace the P420i raid card on this device? Does it have any effect on the raid configuration?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Cali
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,

as I remember the P420i on DL380p Gen8 have a separate replaceable Cache Modul on the Mainboard.

It's a Standup Card on the right backside, it should be documented on the Label in the back of the lid.
Or look at "HP ProLiant DL380p Gen8 Server Maintenance and Service Guide".

Bild 2021-12-03-006.png

Power Down the Server, remove the Cache Modul, the Server should also run without, but slower.

You find a Spare# on the Modul, this helps you for searching a Replacement Part.

But most time, not the Memory Modul is the problem, check, if a Battery is connected, this failed on the older Servers.

Cali

ACP IT Solutions AGI'm not an HPE employee, so I can be wrong.
sudhirsingh
HPE Pro

@binhnguyen16

Yes, There is a replaceable cache module in this server.

There must be 512Mb/1Gb or 2Gb  Standup cache Module installed, although controller is embedded in this server model.

As per the server QuickSpecs:

NOTE: A minimum of 512 MB cache is required to enable RAID 5, 50, 6, 60

Hope this helps!

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

>Accept or Kudo