1752594 Members
3000 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPE DL380p GEN8 iLO4 Self Test Error

dferara
Occasional Advisor

Formatting the NAND with the option FORMAT NAND inside the iLO web page fix it for me.

Then I booted an USB with the Intelligent Provisioning REPAIR ISO and I could update the Intelligent Provisioning for the last version without a problem.

Now the NAND is ok, and I can boot the Intelligent Provisioning boot option without any problem.

My corruption started while i wanted to update Intelligent Provisioning from insider the booted one and when it started to update it couldn't do it. With these or I corrupted my NAND or I had it corrupted from the beginning and that's why the update couldn't pass through from inside the Intelligent Provisioning

sam_1992

team i have replace system board on HP ProLiant DL360p Gen 8, but while rebooting on bios system get stuck at 68%

iLo embedded health initialization

after above error system not moving further.

Present Ilom Version:2.70 may 07 2019

Please advise

Eggman_2112
Valued Contributor

This is actually a thread about iLO Self Test errors which have been pretty much resolved from iLO updates.

Please start a new thread next time!

As always start with minimum configuration - one power supply & one cpu & one memory - nothing else - no cards no disks.

If you have the same issue then try NVRAM init as shown in the hardware maintenance manual.

Also connect to the iLO and see if theres anything in the logs as it is a separate system.

Last resort try another system board

Have a great day Hope that helps!

Thanks for your time and have a great day!
Roberto
TiagoOliveira

The ILO downgrade to 2.54 solve my problem, i spend lot of hours to solve this and only need downgrade

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

No, your issue is not solved.

The older version cannot detect it, hence you can't see the issue, but it is still there,

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
TiagoOliveira

you right

then no more ideias, have two server Dl380 g9 with same problem, format, update ILO/bios no solve, its a coicidence both servers with the same problem?

EasyHosting
Visitor

I almost wonder if this issue was by design, to force you to buy a new server, as they are out of warranty.

I did an update on 2 HPE DL380p GEN8 servers. One in production, the other the drop in replacement (backup) server. Both had the same issue. It could be coincidence, but seeing as there are now a lot of people coming forward with the same issue (wasn't many at the time I did the update... about 1.5 - 2 years ago now, I think), it almost seems deliberate. From what I have seen, this issue prevents you using the onboard setup software, as you then format the NAND (which doesn't resolve the issue) and therefore wipes out the software and you can't rebuild it because of the NAND issue.

As we are in lockdown (Auckland, New Zealand) I will have some time on my hands to revisit this issue on the backup server and see if I can resolve it. I will even go so far as to downgrade the firmware and then upgrade each version along the way to see if this resolves it. I won't skip versions. I will do each one, cold boot, format NAND, cold boot, format NAND, cold boot again (and maybe a few more to make sure the issue is resolved or not), and then move onto the next iLO firmware version and repeat the process.