ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752565 Members
5671 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPE DL380p Gen8 P420i Self-test failure (cmd = 0h, err = 00h, loockup = 0DEAD: DEADh)

SOLVED
Go to solution
Igor Abzalov
Visitor

HPE DL380p Gen8 P420i Self-test failure (cmd = 0h, err = 00h, loockup = 0DEAD: DEADh)

Greetings. I have a problem with the xxx server. When loading the server on the screen, I get the RADI-controller error: Slot 0 HP Smart Array P420i Controller Initializing ... 1783-Slot 0 Drive Array Controller Failure!  [Self-test failure (cmd = 0h, err = 00h, loockup = 0DEAD: DEADh)] The server does not load. A logical disk was made on the RAID array 1 + 0 of 4 disks 146 GB. There is no backup copy of the logical disk contents. I must save the contents of the disk when restoring the system. There is no contract with HPE for this server yet. There is no possibility to open paid repair. It is necessary to restore the server by local engineers. What can be done? If I move 4 disks to another similar server - is it possible to access the contents of the disk without losing it? On the second server, the layout of the RAID controller is similar to a broken server.

6 REPLIES 6
Erdogan Temur
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: HPE DL380p Gen8 P420i Self-test failure (cmd = 0h, err = 00h, loockup = 0DEAD: DEADh)

Hi,

Update the latest spp. If the problem persists, Ahs report needs to be reviewed. contact hpe support.
The problem may be in cache module.

Kind Regards,
Erdogan.
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!

Accept or Kudo

Igor Abzalov
Visitor

Greetings.
You are absolutely right. My colleague, Alexander, today removed the cache module with a battery and the server saw its precious disks. I pay tribute to your software engineers, they have everything in order with humor - code DEAD:DEAD has to come up with this!
I would like to dot the i. How can I find out by the error code of the controller, what is the cause of the problem? Could it be possible to rearrange 4 disks to another similar server and not lose their contents?

Thank you very much for your information.

Erdogan Temur
HPE Pro

Hi @Igor Abzalov 

Latest SPP update will resolve your problem.

Q. Could it be possible to rearrange 4 disks to another similar server and not lose their contents?
A. Yes, the system will open normally. You can back up your data. Controller card must be the same.

Kind Regards,
Erdogan.
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!

Accept or Kudo

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Note "latest" in this case means SPP Gen8.1.

http://h17007.www1.hpe.com/us/en/enterprise/servers/products/service_pack/spp/index.aspx?version=Gen8.1

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Igor Abzalov
Visitor

Greetings
I decided to backup the server before HPE SPP 2018.11. I removed the hotspare disk and added another 146 GB disk, assembled a new array from the 2 disks on the controller, created a second logical disk in RAID 0. After this server was restarted, a master table corruption occurred, the recovery went and lasted for several hours. The reason for this server behavior is not clear for me. 

surajtambe

after Updating to Latest firmware. Still showing same and also not able to update firmware to lower version . Any Solution ?