ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753971 Members
7521 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPE Ethernet 10Gb 2-port 530SFP+ in UNKNOW state

JnMlMe
Occasional Advisor

HPE DL60 Gen9: is my mainboard faulty? No PCI devices detected.

Hi, I have just bought a HPE Ethernet 10Gb 2-port 530SFP+ for my DL60 G9.

On The ILO > System Information > Device Inventory, the NIC Card is in UNKNOWN status and UNKNOWN location.

The card does not appears in ILO > System Information > NIC Information.

My ESXi 7.0 doesn't list the NIC card on the hardware list.

I plugged the card in the PCIe Gen3 x16 slot (low profile).

On the NIC board, there is 3 orange led light:

• when I plug a Juniper 10GB SR SFP+ on port 1, the D1401 orange light shut down.
  • when I plug a Juniper 10GB SR SFP+ on port 2, the D1402 orange light shut down.
  • there is still a little orange light on board (D1404). Does it means there is a problem with the card?

IMG_20201119_150637.jpg

Do I need the plug the NIC card on another PCIe (a 8x PCIe instead) ?

Thks for your help.

10 REPLIES 10
JnMlMe
Occasional Advisor

I have reinstalled my ESXi using the HPE vmware ISO.
No changes.

After few minutes of start, the ILO displays that the 530SFP+ is indeed in the "PCI-E Slot 1" location, still in UNKNOW status.

But I don't see the card in the Physical NICs in the vmware console.

JnMlMe
Occasional Advisor

I install WIN 2026 server, same problems, the device is not seen by the OS.

What the hell is going on?

there is no HPE man who can give me an advice? 

The riser is not working? the pci-express port? the nic card?

Depressed

JnMlMe
Occasional Advisor

OK, i have replaced the 530SFP+ by an Intel Gigabit ET Quad Port, and magic, the card is detected in the System Configuration, in the PCI Device Information, in the One-Time Boot Menu...

So the riser looks good, and maybe the HPE card is in fault.

Suvamay
HPE Pro

Hello,

DL60 Gen9 should support 530SFP. As you have troubleshooted please proceed with replacing 530SFP.

Since the card was not detecting, need to look at from physical H/W front.

Thanks,

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
JnMlMe
Occasional Advisor

Hi, more news:

• I have installed the 530SFP+ in a Dell PowerEdge R410 with a Gen2 PCIe (sorry about that HP). The NIC was immediatly available in the BIOS menu. I booted on a ESXi 6.7, the 10GB interfaces were available (using the driver qfle3).

Capture dтАЩe╠Бcran 2020-11-23 a╠А 19.09.41.png

• When I plugged the fiber into the receiver, I had a beautiful BSOD (in pink version) with a coredump. I think the card moved into the slot. There is no screw to fix well the card on the cage on my PowerEdge, just a cheap plastic piece. So I restarted the ESXi with all the receivers/fibers already plugged in. Since, no problems at all. The link is up at 10000 Mbps. No errors on my UniFi switch.

Capture dтАЩe╠Бcran 2020-11-23 a╠А 19.00.10.png

In summary, the 530SFP+ seems in good shape. The riser in the DL60 too (as I said in my previous posts, I plugged an Intel 4 port Gigbabit ET on it, and the card was working well).

So what the hell is going on? Maybe the card don't work well on a PCIe Gen3 16x? I dont have theFull-height half-length PCIe 3.0 riser board (790490-001) for slots 2/3 in my DL60 (hard to find on the market) to make a test on another slot.

Thks for reading me.

JnMlMe
Occasional Advisor

What I dont understand is why the ilo4 detect the card:

Capture dтАЩe╠Бcran 2020-11-24 a╠А 17.50.51.png

and the BIOs not (Populated "No"):

Capture dтАЩe╠Бcran 2020-11-24 a╠А 17.50.22.png

??

Suvamay
HPE Pro

Hi,

ILO is may be capturing the from prvious cache data. Please check by replacing the NIC.

Thanks

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
JnMlMe
Occasional Advisor

I ve received today the FlexibleLOM PCIe riser (790489-001). I plugged the NIC card on the slot 2.

Same as in slot 1: the card is detected by the ILO, not by the BIOS, not by ESXI 7.0.

Capture dтАЩe╠Бcran 2020-11-30 a╠А 17.06.23.png

I'm going to return the card, but Im not 100% sure that it will fix the problem...

Suvamay
HPE Pro

Hello,

Noted.

Please let me know if you need any help. At the same time you log a support ticket with HPE to fix the issue.

Thanks

I'm an HPE employee.
Accept or Kudo