5433 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPE DL980 G7 XNC board error

HuyMai
Occasional Contributor

HPE DL980 G7 XNC board error

Hi guys,
I have a DL980 G7 error XNC Board server. After I replaced the XNC Board, I got a "System initialization failure reported by lower XNC board service processor" status. Does anyone have experience for advice handling this.

Thank you

IML Log show :

System initialization failure reported by lower XNC board service processor

Processor configuration degraded to 2 sockets reported by upper XNC board service processor

Processor configuration degraded to 2 sockets reported by lower XNC board service processor

Processor configuration degraded to 2 sockets reported by lower XNC board service processor

Processor configuration degraded to 2 sockets reported by upper XNC board service processor

POST Error: 212-Processor 8 (Lower Tray, Processor 1) Deconfigured due to one or more sibling processors in the system being marked as failed.

POST Error: 212-Processor 7 (Lower Tray, Processor 2) Deconfigured due to one or more sibling processors in the system being marked as failed.

POST Error: 212-Processor 6 (Lower Tray, Processor 3) Deconfigured due to one or more sibling processors in the system being marked as failed.

POST Error: 212-Processor 5 (Lower Tray, Processor 4) Deconfigured due to one or more sibling processors in the system being marked as failed.

POST Error: 212-Processor 3 (Upper Tray, Processor 3) Deconfigured due to one or more sibling processors in the system being marked as failed.

POST Error: 212-Processor 4 (Upper Tray, Processor 4) Failed

7 REPLIES 7
sudhirsingh
HPE Pro

Hi,

Please check whether CPLD version of lower processor tray is matching with the upper processor tray,

if not you should update CPLD version of lower tray to match with the upper tray CPLD.

You can check CPLD version under, ILO->Diagnostics.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Sudhir

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

>Accept or Kudo

HuyMai
Occasional Contributor

Where i can download the Lower tray firmware ?

I go to HPE support but i don't see this firmware on FIRMWARE option . 

sudhirsingh
HPE Pro

You can download CPLD fimware from below link:

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX-1d6a350eea2249b0a4f5c3b802#tab-history

Regards,

Sudhir

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

>Accept or Kudo

HuyMai
Occasional Contributor

Dear sir ,

I checked about CPLD firmware of server but i don's see any message error about this firmware . Please help me check !Diagnostic.PNG

sudhirsingh
HPE Pro

CPLD Firmware are matching level for upper and lower tray.

Please check following to isolate this issue:

Reseat all modules in lower tray and upper tray,
Remove XNC modules and check for any physical damage.
Remove upper processor tray, also Lower processor tray and check for any physical damage i.e. bent pins, socket damage, etc.

If there is no physical damage or pin bent noticed  and reseatting also did not fix this issue then,

you should replace the lower tray and check.

Hope this help!,

Thanks

sudhir

>Accept or Kudo

HuyMai
Occasional Contributor

Dear sir  ,

I will removing the upper tray and lower tray and check about that . I don;t think the lower tray is false Cause before XNC board false everything is ok .

sudhirsingh
HPE Pro

Have you tried,  any update?

Regards

Sudhir

>Accept or Kudo