cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HPE ILO 5 Zero Sign In Failed

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

HPE ILO 5 Zero Sign In Failed

Hello, it's driving me nuts, but I can't get Zero Sign In to work on ILO. I have a HPE ProLiant G10. ILO version 2.10 I have followed the user guide for Kerberos Authentication. Under Security --> Directory I enabled Kerberos and fill in the appropiate settings Kerberos realm: MYDOMAIN.LAN (all Capitals) Kerberos KDC address, KDC port: all correct settings I've created a Kerberos keytab and it is successfully uploaded. The following command: Ktpass +rndPass -ptype KRB5_NT_SRV_HST -princ HTTP/iloserver.domain.lan@DOMAIN.LAN -mapuser iloserver$@domain.lan -out c:\temp\myilo.keytab -crypto AES256-SHA1 It creates a keytab file and asks if I want to get a new password: Y I've added the -crypto because the Encryption settings in ILO has been set to "High Security" I've created a SSL certificate from my own CA and replaced the self-signed ceriticate. When I test my settings under Security --> Directory it says that all is a Success LOM Object exists = Not Run. All others are Success! I'ver followed the user guide lines for browser settings. Every time I try to login with "Zero Sign In" it give me a credential popup windows. Connecting to iloserver.domain.lan Blank Username and Password field. Domain: MYDOMAIN What am I missing?
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: HPE ILO 5 Zero Sign In Failed

I have tried the "Directorioes Support for ProLiant Management Processors"tool.

This is the latest version that support WIndows 2019.

I followed the steps for Kerberos authentication. Everything looks good, no error messages within the tool.

At the end it configures and I see the configurations I've entered here back in the in ILO 5 webinterface of the server.

But as soon as I hit the Zero Sign In button, it gives me the popup message for credentials.

Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Hi  vmuniverse1 ,

Please confirm if the iLO advanced license has been purchased for this server. 

Please check page 396 of the following guide and see if single sign on is enabled on the browser.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00064988en_us

Thank You!
I am an HPE Employee

Hello, yes ILO Advanced is installed (status OK)

I have also followed the settings for SSO for my browser. All the settings are as they should be.

I can login with myname@somedomain.lan, but as soons as I hit the Zero Sign In, it gives me this popup message.