4867 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HPE ML110 Gen9 server restarts unexpectedly

JMencion
Occasional Visitor

HPE ML110 Gen9 server restarts unexpectedly

Hi, 

I have a problem with a HPE ML110 Gen9 server running Windows Server 2012. The server from time to time (once every two weeks we have counted, but for example it happened twice two weeks ago and this time) it restarts unexpectedly and seems This restart is not controlled by the system because when you go to the Event Viewer it shows you that the shutdown was "unexpected". It has an Intel XEON E5-2620 V4, 16 GB of RAM in two modules and a 512 GB SSD (where the OS is), and for copies a 1 TB HDD and a 3 TB NAS.

To my surprise, when I have gone to the System Properties section, I see that in the "Processor" and "RAM Memory" section "Not available" appears, and the data is not shown, and I remember that when I mounted it this did appear because I had checked. This has made me think that something is wrong. 

I would be very grateful if you could tell me what may be going wrong. Maybe it would be nice if you could see if there is a record of the events or errors that the server has that registers its BIOS because it is clear that Windows does not control this. I don't know if there is a section or software to check the hardware error logs. 

Thank you very much and kind regards,

J. Mencion

2 REPLIES 2
Ihaqueit
Trusted Contributor

Is any virtual machine running under physical server?

Check the event viewer most of the cases application cause the server.

I Haq
JMencion
Occasional Visitor

No, there isn't any virtual machine running under the physical server. And the server is only used to share files throw the local network, we don't use lots of resources. 

And the event viewer only shows an "unexpected stop". 

Thank you very much