1751885 Members
5585 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

HPE ML150 G9 Stops at boot

Snowsmoke
Visitor

HPE ML150 G9 Stops at boot

I just bought a used ML150 G9 for learning more about servers. It booted fine with WS 2012.  I tried to install WS 2016 from a USB stick but something went wrong. It ajust stops at this point and doesnt continue. Nothing happens when I push F9, F11 or F12. I have tried with and without both USB-stick and disks. No error messages, nothing. 

https://imgur.com/a/NboJ3hJ

Any ideas what I can do? 

3 REPLIES 3
Snowsmoke
Visitor

Re: HPE ML150 G9 Stops at boot

I have tried Clear NVRAM without success. Stops at exactly the same. I

2Peter
Occasional Advisor

I see that your BIOS is still on version v1.20. I reccomend to update everything possible.

If you still can enter the iLO. Update the iLO first and you also can upload the ROM through the iLO page. You can get the ROM file by downloaing the Windows update file, extract it on your workstation and point at that file from within your browser, in the iLO.

Maybe get it that far to install the older version of Windows Server and put of ver the latest HPE SPP. That will contain all the firmwares in your server.

Maybe you also want to update the IP, the Intelligent Provisioning. You can do that by booting from a DVD, when burning the Intelligent Provisioning ISO on that. If you get Remote Control at work throug iLO, you can attatch the ISO through there and let it boot from that ISO. After updating IP, it will support newer OS'es, like Windows Server 2016. For Gen9 servers, you need a v2.x IP, like v2.71.

All the latest software for your ML150 Gen9 can be found here.

Snowsmoke
Visitor

Thanks for you answer. I appriciate it. I have been struggling with this since I wrote the post. Without success. I know all firmware is out of date so that was my intention from the start.

It stops on exactly the same spot, I cannot boot on a CD/DVD with neither windows nor Linux, I cannot enter UEFI by pressing F9. I cannot access ILO via browser, however I am not sure I have ILO. My DHCP server gives an IPadress to "ILOxxxxxxxxxx" but I cannot connect to it with browser. When I did a portscan on that IP I only got port 21 ftp open. I'll try to boot with Legacy BIOS tonight and see what happens