ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752544 Members
4836 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HPE ProLiant DL180 Gen9: Runtime Fault, System Board, P12V Main/AUX Regulator 1 (04h).

parnassus
Honored Contributor

HPE ProLiant DL180 Gen9: Runtime Fault, System Board, P12V Main/AUX Regulator 1 (04h).

Hello, noticed today through iLO4 2.55 (System ROM is U20 v2.40 of 02/17/2017) this IML System Error class message for the Server in subject:

Server Critical Fault (Service Information: Runtime Fault, System Board, P12V Main/AUX Regulator 1 (04h))

The server has always had good health (it was updated with SPP 2017.07 months ago) and the message above was seen only today during normal maintenance (it happened the very first time on October at early morning (basically during a typical "no load" time for Server's disks, AFAIK).

I know it has System Programmable Logic Device at Version 0x10 (System Board) which I believe it's the same ProLiant DL180 Gen9 System Programmable Logic Device version 0x10 reported as CPLD - PAL0 with Informational Status on iLO4 Self-Test Results page.

The only Customer Advisory reference I was able to found was specifically about (updating CPLD on) HPE ProLiant ML350 Gen9 with a similar error (here)...but nothing exactly as reported above.

Any idea?

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
2 REPLIES 2
Ramya_Heera
Frequent Advisor

Re: HPE ProLiant DL180 Gen9: Runtime Fault, System Board, P12V Main/AUX Regulator 1 (04h).

This issue needs further investigation and a case needs to be submitted.

So for further assistance from support, we suggest you to submit a case.

wstgeorge
Occasional Visitor

Re: HPE ProLiant DL180 Gen9: Runtime Fault, System Board, P12V Main/AUX Regulator 1 (04h).

We have a customer that is getting is getting error server critical fault (service information runtime fault, Processor, Processor 2 (01h). We updated the system with the latest firmware on all componets. The system restarts about 2 to 3 times a day with that error in the IML log. The system does have the new micro code for procs. 

Does anyone have any ideas of what this could be?