1748227 Members
4119 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

HPE ProLiant DL360 Gen10 Server

takawiraw
Occasional Visitor

HPE ProLiant DL360 Gen10 Server

i am trying to create logical drive from 2 disks( raid 1) but i am getting the message "One or more selected drives are connected to mixed mode ports and directly exposed to the OS.These drives will become unavailable to the OS after this operation.

3 REPLIES 3
Venkatesh_SL
Advisor

Re: HPE ProLiant DL360 Gen10 Server

Dear Customer,

Please refer the below web link it has more info on Mixed mode ports with RAID:

HPE Smart Array SR Gen10 User Guide

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-a00019059en_us

I am an HPE Employee
If this helps you with your issue, please click the thumb to register a Kudo.
If it resolves the issue, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution.

Accept or Kudo

naitsirhc

Hello thanks for yur answer, but I want to be some more specific:

I have 6 hdd 10k sas 1.2 TB, 3 on bay 1,2,3 and another 3 on bay 5,6,7. I want to make a raid 6 with all disks, but I got the error mentioned on first post.

Which is the rigth configuration or location on my example, please, you shoul help me a little.

Thanks.

I saw my support for initial setup in ststus active. Or if you tell me how to use that support. or a link to reach that.

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

The message "One or more selected drives are connected to mixed mode ports and directly exposed to the OS.These drives will become unavailable to the OS after this operation." is just an informational message.  The Smart Array controllers in Gen 10 servers support both HBA and RAID mode. Until an array is created teh drvies default to HBA mode.  THis warning is just letting the user know if there is any data on these drives it will be lost when an array is created.

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!