1752755 Members
5102 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HPE ProLiant SL4540 Gen8 Rack Server - System Overview

Jaquelin
Occasional Visitor

HPE ProLiant SL4540 Gen8 Rack Server - System Overview

The highly efficient converged design offers a balance of performance and storage capacity in a densely-packed 4.3U space. The converged infrastructure design means cooling, power, and network communications are handled at the chassis level to conserve energy usage. This server is ideal for parallel processing applications like Hadoop.

Performance

Administrators can choose from three different chassis configurations: a 1x60 chassis with one compute node and 60 hard drives, a 2x25 version with two compute nodes each accessing 25 hard drives for 50 hard drives total, and a 3x15 chassis version that supports three compute nodes that each control 15 hard drives for a total compliment of 45 hard drives.

All processors are supported on the compute nodes, which feature Intel's C600 series chipset and support a maximum of two E5-2400 or E5-2400 v2 processors. The system will support up to four power supplies either 750W or 1200W hot-pluggable with up to a 94% efficiency rating.

Memory

A maximum of 384GB of memory is supported on the compute node with a two processor configuration. Each processor supports six memory slots for 12 memory slots total. Only Registered (RDIMM) memory modules are supported on the system, and depending on your choice of processor, may run at 1600MHz, 1333MHz, or 1066MHz. HP SmartMemory is recommended in order to realize the full memory performance of 1600MHz and enhanced functionality.

2 REPLIES 2
LesRMed
Advisor

And??? Did you have a question?

Suvamay
HPE Pro

Hello 

I really dontunderstand. Is this post for sharing knowledge ?

Thanks 

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo