8220 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HPE Proliant ML30 Gen 10 - very slow

Daniel2604
Advisor

HPE Proliant ML30 Gen 10 - very slow

hello,

we had an ml30 gen 10 with hyper-v host and 1 vm. this vm is dc and there is a sql server installed.

we use 32 gb ram with 24 gb for vm. the cpu is xeon e2224 3,4 ghz. one core host and 3 cores vm.

the raid 5 array with 4 hdds is s100i sr. the hdd is sata with 7200 u/min. write cache of hdd is deactivated

Customer told us, that the vm is very slow.

is there a know problem with performance of this proliant type? Which component should be the bottleneck?

in ressource monitor of mv all devices has little workload. does write cache activation gets performance improve?

greetings daniel

4 REPLIES 4
Daniel2604
Advisor

Re: HPE Proliant ML30 Gen 10 - very slow

Array has no battery, so cache controller is only for reading activated. can this array type use a battery kit?

Ihaqueit
Trusted Contributor

Is this physical or Virtual? If virtual, which Hypervisor?

Do any of the services take long to start?

Does it do the same in Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking? 

To resolve, reinstalled the OS and the SSP for the server.  Boots up normally .
I Haq
Daniel2604
Advisor

the poor performance is virtuell. i am try to get new information for more details. is it possible to get an battery pack for the array?

AmRa
HPE Pro

If you operate an array with Write Cache turned off, disk operation might be very slow.

Please refer HP Smart Array Controllers - Optimizing for Write Operations, where customers remarked that they are not seeing the write performance they expect when performing massive writes or backups to HP Smart Array Controllers.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=c01117213&docLocale=en_US

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo