1748136 Members
3666 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

HPE Smart Array S100i SR Gen10 does not see SATA drives

adevile
Occasional Visitor

HPE Smart Array S100i SR Gen10 does not see SATA drives

Приобрели недавно сервер DL325 Gen10 при первичной настройке не удается создать RAID.

В поставке были установлены 4 LFF SATA диска по 4 ТБ, система их определяет и находит, но при включении встроенного HPE Smart Array S100i SR Gen10 выдает что подключено 0 физичеких дисков. Из ограничений нашел только что встроенный S100i не поддерживает SAS диски, но с SATA должен работать, в моем случае используются именно SATA, но они всеравно не отображаютя.

Google Translated

Recently purchased DL325 Gen10 server during initial setup, unable to create RAID.

The delivery included 4 LFF SATA disks of 4 TB each, the system detects and finds them, but when the built-in HPE Smart Array S100i SR Gen10 is turned on, it shows that 0 physical disks are connected. Of the limitations, I found that the built-in S100i does not support SAS disks, but it should work with SATA, in my case it is SATA that is used, but they still do not display.

1 REPLY 1
adevile
Occasional Visitor

Re: HPE Smart Array S100i SR Gen10 does not see SATA drives

При помощи техподдержки удалось установить что для работы Smart Array S100i SR Gen10 в сервере HPE DL325 Gen10 нужно использовать особый шлейф HPE DL325 Gen10 4LFF Smart Array S100i SATA FIO Cable Kit P09409-B21 (интересно почему он не используется по умолчанию).

К сожалению в нашей поставке его не было, и продавец не учел эту особенность. В результате заявленный RAID по факту отсутствует и необходимо дополнительно приобретать специальный шлейф или контроллер RAID.

With the help of technical support, it was possible to establish that for the Smart Array S100i SR Gen10 to work in the HPE DL325 Gen10 server, you need to use a special HPE DL325 Gen10 4LFF Smart Array S100i SATA FIO Cable Kit P09409-B21 ribbon cable (I wonder why it is not used by default). Unfortunately, it was not in our delivery, and the seller did not take this feature into account. As a result, the declared RAID is actually missing and it is necessary to additionally purchase a special ribbon cable or a RAID controller.