New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPE iLO SSH Problem

SOLVED
Go to solution
Kasraeian
Occasional Contributor

HPE iLO SSH Problem

Hi everyone,

I've installed eight (8) servers for a customer and configured all iLO network configuration base on the ip pool they've provided.

now I can connect to all iLO using browser (https) without any problems but when I'm trying to connect to them using SSH there's a problem showing up.

If I connect to each server directly (windows os on notebook using putty to server) the SSH would work without any problem.

If I connect all iLO to switch and try to connect to them from installed OS (SLES, Suse Linux) on servers, only six server accept ssh connection and two of them would showing the "ssh: connection to host x.x.x.x port 22: connection refuse" error.

Same servers which shows above error are accepting ssh from my notebook but not from OS on the other servers.

For testing, I've changed the iLO IP address and even restarted the iLO configuration to factory defaults but no luck.

I even tried direct connectivity from Ubuntu on my notebook to server and connected without any problem to these iLO.

I've added the screen shot of "server ssh failure" and "direct ssh connection".

I'd be grateful if anyone can help me with this problem

3 REPLIES 3
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

You don't mention what server models you are working with. If the systems are sharing a network port with iLO, the host itself cannot access the iLO

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Kasraeian
Occasional Contributor

Sorry, I'm using HPE DL360 Gen9 and dedicated iLO port.
Also, I changed the ssh port using Web interface and rebooted the iLO but no luck here again.
In this case also, direct connection can do the ssh but other server can not.
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro
Solution

My first guess would be when connected through the switch (which is probably connected to a larger network) that there is another device on the network already using the same IP.  Leave the iLO unplugged and see if you get the same refused message. You can also use the -v switch for SSH to get verbose information about the connection attempt

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!