ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753746 Members
5158 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPE "Intelligent Provisioning" - faaaaar away from being intelligent or the "most

Stephan G
Regular Advisor

HPE "Intelligent Provisioning" - faaaaar away from being intelligent or the "most advanced solution"

Hi everyone,
i deployed many servers with Smart Start back in the days.
Today i tried to install Win2019 with intelligent provisioning from a network drive. Before that - i wanted to update the firmware from the Web. (Server attached to internet).
Setup over ILO5 with Adv Lic

First - HPE Intelligent Prov - Frist start - Setup. 
Why do you use that many design elements? I am an administrator no end user. Transfering it to ILO with moving elements just suck and needs extra time.
And why do you only offer english and japanese keyboard layouts.
Done configuring - 10 minutes

Second - Firmware Updates. Search for the newest one. Server has BIOS U32 v2.36 - is marked as current from HPE Intelligent Prov - well that does not seem right. I gave up to find the problem about that.
20 mins wasted

Third - OS Deployment
Design and mouse performance sucks bad - but hey. Administrators salary is cheap isnt it.
The popup if you enter the password wrong at the network dialog takes 5 seconds!!! to be clickable

Going back to the old deployment method - bootable USB Stick + SPP after deployment. Please get me an patch to get rid of this garbage from my servers. Thank you.

BR

Stephan

3 REPLIES 3
ksram
HPE Pro

Re: HPE "Intelligent Provisioning" - faaaaar away from being intelligent or the "most

Hi @Stephan G ,

Good day!

Thank you for the Post.

We understand that you have faced issues while setting up the Server.

Intelligent Provisioning is a Single-Server deployment tool embedded in ProLiant servers and HPE Synergy compute modules which simplifies server Setup, providing a reliable and consistent way to deploy servers.
This also helps in deploying the Servers remotely. Setting up for the first time may take little more time but once this is done, it would be defintely helpful to manage / maintain further.

Currently there are 3 languages available : English, Chinese and Japanese.

There are chances that it may display the older version BIOS and it could be IP reporting issues - you may consider to flash the IP with the latest version available.

Alternatively BIOS, iLO and few Firmware can be updated through iLO GUI as well, which just takes few minutes to update the components.

However these are additional tools available, and you may use the traditional method / manual method of installation and Setup the Server.

Please get me an patch to get rid of this garbage from my servers
> If you are referring to removing the IP here, we are sorry that its an embedded tool and cannot be deleted.

If there is any issues please do let us know we shall be glad to assist.

Thank you

RamKS

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

ksram
HPE Pro

HPE "Intelligent Provisioning" - faaaaar away from being intelligent or the "most advanced solution

Hi Stephan,

Good day!

May we please know if you have any questions / if the shared information were helpful.

Thank you

RamKS

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Stephan G
Regular Advisor

Yes. It is not your fault... but had to get out.
2nd level people have x hours a day available after the backtoback meetings so if something just not work as "promoted" and expected - stress level increases to 300

I am back to USB boot and HPE SUM. Works easier and as expected.

Thanks for your response.