ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752774 Members
4598 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPSUM Custom SPP for Meltdown - no linux signatures?

AlexanderA21
Frequent Visitor

HPSUM Custom SPP for Meltdown - no linux signatures?

Hello.

I'm probably doing something wrong, but I've tried everything I can think of now. This is on Windows, by the way.

I've downloaded HPSUM 8.1

Added 2017.10.1 as a baseline

Added a directory containing all BIOS:es as "additional packages"

These "additional packages" does not work - all Windows files are OK, but all Linux RPM packages has error "Component not signed". Even a package that has a "compsig" file is marked this way, like firmware-system-u32-1.28_2017_12_11-1.1.x86_64.rpm.

Because of this (I assume), I cannot patch any nodes by booting the SPP - it will install the latest 2017.10.1 BIOS, not the more recent one. I've tried using HPSUM to patch ESX nodes, but since these zip files are also marked "not signed", it will only install the older BIOS. Only way to update is to upload the BIOS using the ILO.

Does anyone have an idea of how to add these BIOS:es to the SPP?

4 REPLIES 4
wreigle
Occasional Advisor

I'm having this same issue. "Component not signed".....

wreigle1

I just got off the phone with HPE. They suggested I use the file at the link below to update the system rom through ilo. Tech said he would escalate the SPP error to the relevant team. 

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=7271228&swItemId=MTX_10b8234556d642018ce3441f98&swEnvOid=4184#tab1

AlexanderA21
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for the update. I haven't called HPE because I assumed this would be their answer. I seems that we will have to wait for an HPSUM update before custom SPP:s can be created.

JeroenKleen
Frequent Advisor

This URL below contains an important updated statement that should be reviewed on this subject:

http://h22208.www2.hpe.com/eginfolib/securityalerts/SCAM/Side_Channel_Analysis_Method.html

Best regards, Jeroen

Working at HPE Pointnext Cloud CoE as HPE OneSphere multi-cloud Evangelist