Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HPSUM fails with "Failed to transform hardware discovery results" on DL380G8p on Windows Server 2012

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
inti
Advisor

HPSUM fails with "Failed to transform hardware discovery results" on DL380G8p on Windows Server 2012

Hi Folks,

 

as mentioned, hpsum fails on the hardware discovery on DL380 G8p Servers with Windows Server 2012 (non R2) installed.

I used the Version included in Proliant Support Pack 2013.09 (B) so it should be pretty recent.

 

Only hints I found so far ist do check the discovery.xml for non ASCII-chars, however I can't find such a discovery.xml file on the server. Second hint was to check system environmend variables for non UTF chars.

 

I run the hpsum_hwdiscovery tool and i really showed errors on these variables (see attached screenshot), but how can I change or correct them ?

They are not included via "set" in cmd or the list of system environment variables in the advances system properties.

 

Does anybody have an idea how to get the PSP installed ?

Both servers show the same symtoms.

 

Regards,

 

inti

2 REPLIES
inti
Advisor
Solution

Re: HPSUM fails with "Failed to transform hardware discovery results" on DL380G8p on Windo

Ok.. seems like a have to answer my own question:

 

you have to use the newer 6.0.x Version of HPSUM which can be downloaded from the server page and use that.

The new version is now a kind of webservice which just starts locally.

 

There you have to create a baseline (and point to the swpackage-path from the HP PSP) und finally inventory and deploy the package.

Not everything seems to work (e.g. remote deployment) or is buggy (servers hang in a reboot loop once after installing) and I'm confused by the controls (e.g. hou to exclude single objects or include a ftp repository) but it gets the job done for now.

 

Regards,

 

inti