5472 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HPSUM stops during silent install

Max Wagener
Occasional Advisor

HPSUM stops during silent install

Hello together,

im trying to integrate the hpsum funktionality into my rapid deployment. I have custom suport packs which i can install cleanly from my version control repository, but only when i copy the whole repository to the local disk because hpsum breaks when the connectivity is shortly broken during firmware/driver/ncu update of the nics. Is there any workaround except copying the whole repository to the local disk??? It would be perfect if hpsum would copy all needed files to the local disk before actually starting with the install.

Thanks for any hint,

Max
3 REPLIES 3
Gary Antonio Benavides
Trusted Contributor

Re: HPSUM stops during silent install

I'm not totally familiar with the Rapid Deployment pack, but you might try downloading the PSP (Proliant Support Pack) extract it and and Run the file named "HPSUM.EXE" it will installed all the needed drivers in your server.
If it's not fun, you're not doing it right
Max Wagener
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the reply. But my problem is that i want to install a custom support pack (created in Version control repository manager) and not a common psp 8.10a for example.
Blazhev_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

there is a known issue when trying to remotely install network drivers for NICs, that became their IP from DHCP. Problem is that the IP adress can be changed after the install and HPSUM can't reconnect after that. In this case it hangs or displays "installation failed" error...
Workaround is to use static IP adresses, which will be impossible in your case...
I checked the SUM User guide , but couldn't find such command line switch. You can chech it alone :

http://docs.hp.com/en/5992-4453/5992-4453.pdf?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

nothing else right now I can think of