108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPTFT5600 RKM Problem

SOLVED
Go to solution
Yurij Salmaniw
Occasional Contributor

HPTFT5600 RKM Problem

Have DL380G4 with Rack Keyboard Monitor, however on cold boot, the screen goes white. If I depress the display switch, the screen resets and the POST information is displayed properly. Any ideas as to why this may be happening?
2 REPLIES 2
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Yra, all server does do that or only DL380G4 ?
Basil Vizgin
Honored Contributor
Solution

I have seen advisory about this issue, but now link goes to error page (may be removed?). As from advisory this behavior is by design.
What I have saved:
--
Advisory: HP TFT5600 Rackmount Keyboard and Monitor (RKM) May Display a White Screen or Multicolored Vertical Lines If Connected Directly to an HP ProLiant, HP Superdome HP 9000, or HP Integrity Superdome Server That Is Power Cycled or Rebooted

Last Updated: 2005-11-29

DESCRIPTION
If an HP TFT5600 Rackmount Keyboard and Monitor (RKM) (Option Kit 221546-xxx for ProLiant servers or Option Kit 350513-001 for Superdome servers) is connected directly to an HP ProLiant server, HP Superdome HP9000, or HP Integrity Superdome server, the RKM may display a white screen or multicolored vertical lines after the server is rebooted or powered OFF and ON.

This does not occur when the TFT5600 is connected to an HP KVM switch (instead of a server) AND the following boot sequence is used:

1. Power up the KVM and allow sufficient time for initialization.
2. Power up the TFT5600.
3. Power up the server.

SCOPE
Any HP TFT5600 Rackmount Keyboard and Monitor (RKM), (Option Kit 221546-xxx for ProLiant servers or Option Kit 350513-001 for Superdome servers) connected directly to an HP ProLiant, HP Superdome HP 9000, or HP Integrity Superdome server.

RESOLUTION
To return the monitor to normal operation when this occurs, perform one of the following:

Reset the monitor by pressing the Reset button (located on the upper right side of the monitor).
OR

Reset the monitor by powering the TFT5600 OFF then ON.