4199 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Hang the server when coping large files

NgocHuy
Visitor

Hang the server when coping large files

Hi all,

I have just reinstalled Windows server 2003 on HP Proliant DL380 G5, but the server hangs and reboots if I copy large files to the server (via network, external stogare or between the folders).

I can only copy about 3gb to the server, Could you help me for this problem?

Thank you so much!

6 REPLIES 6
scharchouf
Trusted Contributor

is there a blue screen?
Have you check the events of windows?

NgocHuy
Visitor

Hi scharchouf

Thank you very much for your answer.

There is not a blue screen before restarting the server. The event and server logs as the attachments.

Please refer to the attachment and help me for this case.

Thank you,

scharchouf
Trusted Contributor

ASR Detected by System ROM = Automatic Server Recovery 

Events which may contribute to the operating system locking up include:

• A peripheral device − such as a Peripheral Component Interconnect Specification (PCI) adapter − that generates numerous spurious interrupts when it fails.
• A high priority software application consumes all the available central processing unit (CPU) cycles and does not allow the operating system scheduler to run the ASR timer reset process.
• A software or kernel application consumes all available memory, including the virtual memory space (for example, swap). This may cause the operating system scheduler to cease functioning.
• A critical operating system component, such as a file system, fails and causes the operating system scheduler to cease functioning.
• Any other event besides an ASR timeout that causes a Non-Maskable Interrupt (NMI) to be generated.

The ASR feature is a hardware-based timer. If a true hardware failure occurs, the Health Monitor might not be called, but the server will be reset as if the power switch were pressed. The ProLiant ROM code may log an event to the IML when the server reboots.

try to see IML Log, if at this level must be generated and collected HPSReport maximum information for carefully targeted failure.

This link allows you to download the HP application in order to generate the HPSReport :

http://update.external.hp.com/HPS/HPSreports/

Once this is done notify me by private message.

NgocHuy
Visitor

Hi scharchouf,

After reading the HPS report, I saw the information below:

NIC Condition: Failed (highlight in red)

Cache speed: Unkown( highlight in yellow)

I dont know this is the cause of server reset or not?

You can see the attachment for details & thank for your help!

scharchouf
Trusted Contributor

The error was: A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable host

Code : 0x80072751

ID : 17 "W32Time"

Here a link for more description :

https://www.eventid.net/display-eventid-17-source-W32Time-eventno-3652-phase-1.htm

NgocHuy
Visitor

You mean I have to re-configure the computer to connet to Network Time Protocol(NTP) source or Un-check "Automaticcally update time..." to solving this error?

I already done as your guideline but the error stills appear.

Thank you,