New Discussion юеВ

Hard Disk for ML350 G2

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jano_1
Advisor

Hard Disk for ML350 G2

Hi,

I have an ML350 G2 server with two 18.2GB Ultra3 SCSI drives. I would like to add another drive.
What are the requirements for adding a new drive?
Is there a limit on the size HD that I can add?
What about the speed, 10k RPM or 15k RPM?
Does Seagate have a drive that is compatible (Hot Plug) with this server?

I still have about 5 months left on my service contract. Will this contract be void if I add a non-Compaq drive?

Regards,
Jano
3 REPLIES 3
e4services
Honored Contributor

Re: Hard Disk for ML350 G2

What are the requirements for adding a new drive? Well that depends on the existing configuration and what you need in terms of adding a new drive (RAID etc.). If you are simply adding a single drive to be it's own volume, then no, there are no limitations. If adding to an existing RAID, while there are no limitations, the drive will assume the 18GB size of its siblings until you replace all the siblings also..

Is there a limit on the size HD that I can add? No, with the above RAID acceptions.

What about the speed, 10k RPM or 15k RPM? No limitaions. THe rotational speed only effects hows fast the drive can be read and written to the drive down stream of the controller, therefore invisible to the controller.

Hot Swap Hard Drives
Jano_1
Advisor

Does the ML350 G2 support IDE hard drives?
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor
Solution

From third Party Cards yes, on board IDE Controller it not designed to support HDD. You can try market for used HDD at online auctions.