cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard Disk upgrade problems

pochano
Occasional Contributor

Hard Disk upgrade problems

I have a Proliant ML350 g5 server with Windows 2003 server standard r2, 2  Sata 80 Gb HDD's in array 1+0. I need upgrade the hdd for this I have 2 Sata 500 Gb HDD's ( N/P: 458928-b21 ). I cloned the HDD ( I tried Norton ghost, r-drive and Acronis true image ), removed the 80 Gb HDD and installed the 500 GB HDD, when a Power on the server the array accept the new HDD's but when the SO Should start the server show this message " Error Loading Operating System ".

If I install the 500 Gb cloned HDD in a normal PC the SO works without problems.

I will appreciate any help, Thanks.

2 REPLIES
pochano
Occasional Contributor

Re: Hard Disk upgrade problems

I read maybe with a bios upgrade I can solve the problem but I'm not sure about that.

Ali
HPE Pro

Re: Hard Disk upgrade problems

Hi,

If you have 128 BBWC in this server you may increase the hard drive capacity without using any software

Addition of the battery backed cache upgrade enables BBWC, RAID 5, Capacity Expansion, RAID migration, and Stripe Size Migration.

To increase the capacity:

• ensure latest system BIOS and smart array Controller firmware
  • Make sure you have BBWC installed
  • Replace one hard drive with higher capacity hard drive, Open ACU and monitor the rebuild status.
  • Replace the other hard drives one by one once previously replaced hard drive is completly rebuilt
  • Once all the hard drives are replaced in an array, you may extend the logical drive or create new logical drive using the additional space.
  • Additional space can be used within OS, you can create new partition or extend the size of existing partitons.

hope this helps,

How to say Thank You? Just Click on STAR Kudos

Cheers!

Aftab

I work for HP
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HP Enterprise products? HP Support Center Knowledge-base – Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details