1753316 Members
5250 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Hard Drive Lights

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Hard Drive Lights

All 3 Hard drive Lights stay on, on hard drives in center drive cage. The hard drives themselves seem to be fine and have been swapped out. The drive cage has also been replaced, however still all three lights remain on.
6 REPLIES 6
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Yes I have a similar problem with the 2 way extra drive cage that can be fitted. The two hot plug drives located in this cage have their fault led on, even though they appear to working just fine. I have two identical DL380s with the same problem.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Count me in too. Three identical machines, same problem.
Seems to have something to do with the drive cage.

Can someone from Compaq reply to this problem?
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

This may sound silly, but did you install the control signal cable between the 2x1" drive cage and the 4x1" drive cage? I had this same problem a while ago, and plugging this up fixed the problem.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Please can someone confirm that this is the solution to the problem. As this cable was not shipped with my 2*1 optional drive cage and I have the same problem.
mike fell

Have a similar issue with a drive on a DL 380. Looks like nobody is "home" at this site to moderate it. Probably outsourced somewhere overseas.

Wake-up HP!
Vijay_44
Honored Contributor

Hey guys,
Is this a Dl380 gen 1 server and r u guys installing the optional drive cage?? Then you have to have the signal cable between the two drive cages.
ThereтАЩs your problem!!! This thing is set to EVIL!