ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752571 Members
4982 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Hard Drive not seen

Marc Creighton

Hard Drive not seen

Hi I have recently purchased a bog standard new ML150 G2 and am having problems installing Windows SBS, basically Windows goes through the intial screen and then says there no hard drive available but the bios sees it !. I have followed the steps listed in previous threads regarding F6 and installed the third party drivers, I have also configured/formated the drive using Adaptec utility. I have spent the last 48 hours trying to resolve this without success. There appears to be no solution offered on this site. Has anybody else experienced this and resolved it ! Any suggestions would be helpfull ! Thanks Marc
4 REPLIES 4
Mahesh Kumar Malik
Honored Contributor

Hi Marc

It looks that proper driver for hard disk is not loaded. Are you using smartstart CD to install SBS or else. Smartstart CD procedure will pick up the right drivers.

Regards
Mahesh
Marc Creighton

No unfortunatley the ML150 doesnt come with with Smartstart CD's, any idea which driver I should be using?
SPa
Trusted Contributor

It looks like you are using the Adaptec controller that ships with the server to connect to the Hard Drives

Use Driver available at the below link while pressing F6:

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/21737.html

This driver seems to contain an image file which need to be extract to a floppy.You should use this floppy after pressing F6.