1753792 Members
6974 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Harddisk upgrade

Bart Laeremans

Harddisk upgrade

Hey,

I'm having a bit of a problem. I Have a Compaq Proliant DL380-server running Windows 2000 Server and containing 2 mirrored HD(18GB SCSI2 10.000 RPM). Now I would like to upgrade those 2 HD with 2 bigger HD(36GB). I succeed in replacing them, but the server then uses half the space available. What would be the best way of upgrading my 2 HD to my 2 bigger HD and making sure the partitions are expanded over all the available space.

Thanks in advance
2 REPLIES 2
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

Re: Harddisk upgrade

hi,
you need to clear the raid config, or it will keep the previous one.
In this case all the data will be lost, but creating new raid one with two 36 Gb wou will have a Logical raid of 36 GB available
Janine Bertolo
Honored Contributor

Re: Harddisk upgrade

Hello;

If your drives are connected to an array controller and you have already successfully replaced them with bigger ones without rebuilding, you're already half the way there.

The next step is to create and additional logical drive on the expanded mirror using the Array Configuration Utility.

Once this is done, you should be able to access the free space from the Operating System.

Sincerely,

Janine Bertolo
To get results you've never had before, try something you've never tried before.