1751701 Members
5636 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Harddrive lights

Andrew Pfister

Harddrive lights

I have a Proliant 3000 Server running Windows NT with 9.1 GB wide ultra scsi drives (19888-001)and some 18.1 GB ultra scsi drives (143919-001).

I have looked for 6 hrs trying to find out what the lights mean. All my drives have the following:

ONLINE Light = GREEN ALWAYS ON
DRIVE ACCESS Light = GREEN BLINKING
DRIVE FAILURE Light = AMBER ALWAYS ON

What does the DRIVE FAILURE Light mean when its always glowing AMBER? Please help
4 REPLIES 4
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Re: Harddrive lights

Here is some LED description; For Illustration LVD drives Used, however General Idea would be same
You can RUN Array diagnostic Report for more details

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/index.html
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor
Andrew Pfister

KOV,

The link you gave me was close. IF you look at the link, my problem is similar to third picture down, execpt the Drive Failure is always on (not blinking and not off). See the attachment below. Do you know what it means?

847 592 3767
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Mixture that you have, indicate ├в active drive, still online on the other hand drive experiencing some errors and tip you by solid amber LED, newer LVD drives have two option for amber LED flashing (predictive Failure, ... ) or solid amber complete failure of serious problems. Best tool to run Array Diagnostic Utility and see report for specific ID.
As well as updating Firmware for Array Controller & HDD might solve problem, good step to test drive in the different slot ... etc