cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Harddrives not visible after new Array B and logical drive

N.Arif
Occasional Contributor

Harddrives not visible after new Array B and logical drive

I have 4 harddrives installed to my new server. I wanted to do 2x2 raid 0+1.

I created a new Array(Array A) inside this array I created Logical Drive 1. I added 2 harddrives with the Raid 0+1

After this I created a new Array(Array B) for the two other drives. Inside this I created a Logical Drive 2 and added here 2 of the left drives with the raid 0+1.

After installing Windows the second Array was not visble. only the one that had windows was visible.

Why is this Logical drive not visble? What didI do for misstake?
2 REPLIES 2
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: Harddrives not visible after new Array B and logical drive

You probably need to go into computer management - disk manager. You should see your drive C: and another disk that is not configured, which will be your 2nd logical drive. Partiton and format the 2nd logical drive. Windows doesn't do this during the installation
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! Accept or KudoI work for HPE
N.Arif
Occasional Contributor

Re: Harddrives not visible after new Array B and logical drive

thanks a lot of your answer.

I wounder one thing in performance. I have a lot of pictures. And I was thinking o dividing in them into 2 harddrives.

As I told you bfore I have 4-15k 73GB harddrives.

Solution 1: should I Array two 73GB harddrives, totlay 135GB, and make a mirroring on this.

Solution 2: make two arrays, and inside of these put 2 harddrives that are mirrored.
Array B contains 2 harddrives that are mirrored
Array B contanisn 2 hardrives that are mirrored.

Which gives better performance.

My last question is(if it's solution 2) should I create 2 logical drives inside 1 array or shoulld I create seperate arrays for each logical drive.
any performance issue?