5078 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Hardware RAID is disabled via NVRAM Controller setting

Ghazanfar_2
Frequent Advisor

Hardware RAID is disabled via NVRAM Controller setting

Hi,

I have server ML150 G6. Last week, Windows 2003 Server gives a message to reboot the server. After rebooting server didn't load the OS. At startup, where it detects the Controller P410i, it gives message "Hardware RAID support is disabled via NVRAM Configuration Setting".
In ACU, its not showing any logical drives (no RAID exists).
There are five HDDs of 450GB, RAID1+0 on two drives and RAID five on three drives.
Now its not showing any RAID.

Is there any way to recover the RAID?
Secondly, any idea about the error "Hardware RAID support is disabled via NVRAM Configuration Setting".

Thanks
15 REPLIES 15
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

The ML150 G6 comes standard with an embedded controller that can be configured in NVRAM to support RAID. The Smart Array P410 is configured when it's BIOS shows up during POST. If your drives are on the P410 you probably need to change the boot controller order in NVRAM and place the P410 before the embedded controller.

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Ghazanfar_2
Frequent Advisor

Hi Jimmy,
There is no embedded controller on the server and on POST, it detects only one controller and where it detects the Controller it displays version as Smart Array Controller P410i with 256MB cache and also shows "0 Logical Drives".

Secondly, on Server BIOS there is no option to enable or disable NVRAM.

One more thing, what if I replace the Controller?

Thanks
TTr
Honored Contributor

It looks like there is an embedded controller on this server. The entry level model has the B110i, the base and performance model have the P410 controller (that is P410 not P410i). That means the B110i is still in the server, the P410 is add-on.

So check out the boot order as suggested above.
TTr
Honored Contributor

I forgot the URL that shows the above facts about the B110i and P410.

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/13249_na/13249_na.html

[Moderator edit: The above link is no longer valid. Please refer to https://support.hpe.com/]

Ghazanfar_2
Frequent Advisor

Hi TTr,

Thanks for the link.
As I have said earlier that during post it only detects one Controller and i.e. P410i (not B110i). I think it is possible that there is no embedded controller in performance model.
TTr
Honored Contributor

I think HP is using the same motherboard on all the ML150 G6 models. Manufacturers do that to make it easy on themselves as far as inventory, support and replacement parts. In fact they probably use the same system board on other ML and DL server models as well.

All you have to do is get in the BIOS and check. That's not hard to do on a server that does not even boot up.
convergex
Occasional Visitor

Hello I have the same error in my dl580 g7 with a p411. Has anyone come up with a solution? Please let me know. jleon@convergex.com

hello
Leonid_10

Hello.

I have a same problem on my DL360G6 P410i controller.

Randy Patrick

Does anyone remember what the resolution was for the "raid support is disabled in NVRAM controller settings"?