cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have I Bricked my Motherboard?

Jamie Richfield
Occasional Visitor

Have I Bricked my Motherboard?

Hi I have a HP Ml115 G5 which started to act quite strange recently. For some reason my RAID was not being detected. So I went into the bios and had to set it up again (I didnt reset it). I had adjust the bios a few times because it was trying to boot from the RAID. So after i finally sorted the bios I rebooted and... nothing!

All I get is a black screen, no hp logo, no video!
The fan is on constant full power.
I've tried removing all hardware
I've cleared the CMOS
I've tried to put it into bios recover mode and connected the RomPaq USB stick but the usb stick does not light up in any ports! (inc the onboard usb on the motherboard) and still get no video.
I have also tried other usb sticks which also dont light up.

This is the second bios issue I've had with this machine. I cant afford to build a new pc! and HP quoted me £850 to fix it! The machine only cost me £130. If it cant be fixed where can I get a replacement board? Anything that supports a quad Opteron!
Thanks for any support
Jamie
2 REPLIES
Michael A. McKenney
Respected Contributor

Re: Have I Bricked my Motherboard?

Unplug. Use the jumpers to clear the CMOS. Can you get a replacement BIOS instead of a new board.
Jamie Richfield
Occasional Visitor

Re: Have I Bricked my Motherboard?

i unplugged and cleared the cmos. its not a jumper its a button. didnt work. im trying to rewrite the bios but it doesnt respond to the usb stick