HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have applied the ILO2 firmware and ILO2 Management Controller. But still encounter unxpected reboot.

johnnytan
Occasional Visitor

Have applied the ILO2 firmware and ILO2 Management Controller. But still encounter unxpected reboot.

Have followed the HP advisory ->> http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?locale=en_US&objectID=c01802766.

Server Model: DL 380 G6
Bios Version: P62 2009.10.01
Serila number: DAB0R9VY70JE
PSP version: 8.2

Applied: ILO2 firmware 1.81 + ILO2 Management Controller 1.12.0.0

But after the updates, the server still enountered the unexpected reboot "BMC IPMI Watchdog Timer Timeout: Action=System Power Reset.". And the system event still logged event id 57 for source hpqilo2.

Please help. Thanks.

4 REPLIES
Cederberg
Honored Contributor

Re: Have applied the ILO2 firmware and ILO2 Management Controller. But still encounter unxpected reboot.

Hi.

Have you rebooted the server after ILO2 management controller driver upgrade?

There is a critical advisory out for certain DL380 G6.

HP ProLiant DL380 G6 Server - Limited Number of Servers Shipped Prior to November 16, 2009 (11/16/2009) and Configured with a System Board with Revision Level Earlier Than Rev 0S May Unexpectedly Reboot

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?locale=en_US&objectID=c01955503

wobbe
Respected Contributor

Re: Have applied the ILO2 firmware and ILO2 Management Controller. But still encounter unxpected reboot.

Had the same issue with a g5
In my case an upgrade to firmware maintenance cd 7.90 and psp 8.25 seems to have fixed things.
ChristianH_1
Occasional Advisor

Had the same problem a couple of months ago with a couple of DL380 G6 Server i can confirm that the link that Cederberg posted fixed my problem at least.

You said firmware CD 7.90 its a bit old , the newest one i can find is 8.70
johnnytan
Occasional Visitor

Thxs Cederberg,

Yes we did reboot the server after the patch. Was aware of the critical advisory for DL380 G6. Infact we have started doing the update for System Programmable Logic Device on some servers which meet the criteria. But can I clarify one thing though. Based on the HP customer Advisory, the impacted DL 380 G6 should meet the below criterias. As you can see that for this server, the serial number is Serial number is "DAB0R9VY70JE". The serial number was suppose to be 10 alpha-numeric, interestingly this server has 12. And if we do by the advisory, this server was shipped at 2010. But not sure how to decode the rest.

SCOPE
A limited number of ProLiant DL380 G6 and ProLiant DL380 G6 Carrier Grade servers that are configured with a system board with a revision level earlier than 0S, that were shipped prior to 16 November 2009, and that have a serial number earlier than XXX 947 XXXX.

Thanks again for your great help :-)