108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Heatsink for 2nd Processor in Proliant ML350p Gen8

SOLVED
Go to solution
OKDoug
Occasional Visitor

Heatsink for 2nd Processor in Proliant ML350p Gen8

I'm adding a second processor to a HP Proliant ML350p Gen8 tower server.  Which heatsink is needed for processor #2, and is it the same model number as for processor #1?

The plastic air baffle guides the airflow down a channel across processor #2, then processor #1.

The height of the air channel around processor 1 brings the heatsink right up to the plastic, such that all the air flows through the heatsink.

The air channel around processor 2 is higher than for processor 1, about twice as tall.  So it seems that if I use the same model # heatsink for processor 2 as for processor 1, the great majority of the air will just flow over top of the heatsink.  This seems like a problem.

So, do I use the same model number heatsink for processor 2 as for 1?  Or is there some taller heatsink to use?

Thank you.

---------------------

Here is what we are considering purchasing:

Part number for the existing short heatsink: HP 667268-001

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-667268-001-ML350-G8P-HEATSINK/252954411992?hash=item3ae54203d8:g:FdsAAOSwHcdcYfEY

1 REPLY 1
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: Heatsink for 2nd Processor in Proliant ML350p Gen8

Hello,

You can use the share part no. Please follow the below documents for more clarification.

HPE ProLiant ML350p Gen8 Server series - Spare Parts

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-c03263142

Part No:667268-001 (Latch type heatsink assembly - Latches to the top of the processor with the heatsink retaining latch on the system I/O board)

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo