1753798 Members
7370 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Heatsink for ML370 PIII 1GHz

Patrick Rouse
Frequent Advisor

Heatsink for ML370 PIII 1GHz

Anyone know the part number for the heatsink for this. I bought a server off ebay that has 2 x 1GHz CPU's but one does not have the Compaq Heatsink.

Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Patrick,
HP/COMPAQ does not sell heat sinks individually. They come with the CPUs. The P/N for the CPU alongwith the CPU is as follows:

1.0-GHz, with heat sink 221536-001

I am not sure if you have the Processor Power Module. Just in case you need the P/N, it is 157825-001.

Regards,
Patrick Rouse
Frequent Advisor

Thanks, I knew what that part number was, as I tried to purchase them for over a month, with nothing but "out of stock" and prices listed from $750-$1000.

I know that the modules for the 1600's are custom, but the ones for the ML370G1 are just plain old Slot1 1GHz PIII's with a passive heatsink ($200 max). I lined up the 4 CPU's I have, whcih include 2 x 600MHz Compaq PIII that came with my ML370, and the 2 1GHz CPU's in this machine, and the only difference is this $10 heatsink. The markings on the CPU, and the form factor are identical.

The 1GHz CPU's are working fine, and the BIOS gave me no warning about NON Compaq Parts.

I'll find the Heatsink online somewhere. Thanks.
Patrick Rouse
Frequent Advisor

Thanks, I knew what that part number was, as I tried to purchase them for over a month, with nothing but "out of stock" and prices listed from $750-$1000.

I know that the modules for the 1600's are custom, but the ones for the ML370G1 are just plain old Slot1 1GHz PIII's with a passive heatsink ($200 max). I lined up the 4 CPU's I have, whcih include 2 x 600MHz Compaq PIII that came with my ML370, and the 2 1GHz CPU's in this machine, and the only difference is this $10 heatsink. The markings on the CPU, and the form factor are identical.

The 1GHz CPU's are working fine, and the BIOS gave me no warning about NON Compaq Parts.

I'll find the Heatsink online somewhere. Thanks.
Dwight Goetz

I've got a heatsink for the pIII 1G removed when I replaced our single PIII 1G w/2 933. I'll mail it for a dollar & postage..;) it's not worth much without the processor, which I ended up building into a desktop machine.

Contact at: goetzdd@2fssg.usmc.mil