ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752808 Members
5747 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Heatsink for Xeon 2.8mhz 533 bus?

Darin Helfand

Heatsink for Xeon 2.8mhz 533 bus?

I can't find a heatsink that will fit my Proliant ML 350 G3. I bought the retail cpu package, but not from HP, so I have the standard HSF that comes from Intel. Does anyone know of a third party unit that will work?
3 REPLIES 3
Darin Helfand

No one has any idea, or is this question somehow inappropriate?
Keith Romberg
Frequent Advisor

I have gotten little or no help with problems when non HP/Compaq parts are mentioned. Google around for proliant. There are several places that sell parts for proliant servers. You might be able to pick up a heatsink from one of them.

Keith
Darin Helfand

Thanks, but I can't find this part anywhere. If HP doesn't want to support me, my company won't use HP servers anymore. The cpu upgrade was the last of the upgrades. We just purchased 4 more hardrives all HP brand, from HP. The cpu kit from the simply wasn't worth the money. They want $800 for a $399 product. The money isn't even the issue, it is the performance per $$$$ that would make it not worth it if we bought it from them. I tried to purchase the correct hsf from HP, but they don't sell it. They did manage to sell me a $135 fan that I didn't need and told me it was the part that I neeeded. I am more than happy to buy HP products, but if it isn't sold I can't.