cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! BIOS update failed to reboot DL185 G5

Marco_45
Occasional Visitor

Help! BIOS update failed to reboot DL185 G5

I've upgraded my Server with the latest firmware and i have the same problem described in this post http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?admit=109447627+1273049879142+28353475&threadId=1421524
Also in the manual "HP ProLiant DL185 Generation 5 Server
Software Configuration Guide" there are a recovery procedure to try but: first there are a reference to "The crisis recovery jumper is on jumper block P56 on the system board. Refer to the HP ProLiant DL185 Generation 5 Server
Maintenance and Service Guide" page 39 and WHERE IS this f... jumper???
In the "Maintenance and Service Guide" are no mention, in the motherboard is not existing!!
There is a solution??
8 REPLIES
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

Re: Help! BIOS update failed to reboot DL185 G5

hi,

check this docu :

http://www.icare.hp.com.cn/TechCenter_StaticArticle/42836/54892.pdf

snip ==>

5. Locate the crisis recovery jumper (P56) on the system board.
By default, the jumper is installed in the park position on the left and middle pins (as viewed
from the front of the server).

hope it will help you.

mikap
zettich
Occasional Advisor

I have same problem with locating this Crisis Recovery Jumper. There is a P9 jumper (as described in http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?admit=109447627+1273049879142+28353475&threadId=1421524), but shorting it has no effect.
Marco_45
Occasional Visitor

Exact, the jumper P56 is a not existing jumper!! the P09 no have pins (i've triede to utilize also).
The problem remain, wrong documentation?
zettich
Occasional Advisor

What I need do to enter in the BIOS recovery mode? Also I try to connect the speaker to this MB and there is have no effect.
zettich
Occasional Advisor

Any solution? Documentation about AMIBIOS says, that recovery mode must to start automatically if BIOS is corrupt.
beovax
Advisor

I did this the other day, had a long, long conversation with HP and they say jumper p56 doesnt exist - they have no idea why it is the software configuration manual

They are sending me a new motherboard, what a waste.

Tried some OEM AMI bios recover methods, hold ctrl+home on boot with a usb FDD attached no joy

Only method HP know is to replace the MB
hockeman
Occasional Visitor

Is this still the answer?  Replacing the motherboard?

SamChieftan
Occasional Visitor

Howdy, I was wondering if anyone has come up with some solutions and/or what other people are doing to correct this situation as I am in the same boat, with a $3000.00 brick!