5497 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Help! DL380p G8 Wont boot!

bradc87
Occasional Advisor

Help! DL380p G8 Wont boot!

Hey Folks,
I hope this is the right forum for me to post my issues, if not, please boot me in the right direction. I have an HP DL380p gen 8 that will not boot, on start I get a flashing red health (4hz) LED, iLo basically just tells me that its a bios/hardware issue, but has no logs as to what the problem may be.
I have made a quick video showing my problem in more detail, and have already gone through the process of running a minimal config, and attempting to start.
The oddest part of this issue, is if I leave the machine unplugged for several hours, it will start up and run for between 1-5 hours, however that duration is trending shorter each time I start it..
Video Link: https://photos.app.goo.gl/bFWjXLC96kcuo87N6

10 REPLIES 10
Ihaqueit
Trusted Contributor

Re: Help! DL360p G8 Wont boot!

How many RAM on server?

Can you check one by one?

After power supply also check failure chances to power supply or memory.

I Haq
bradc87
Occasional Advisor

I have just replaced one of the power supplies, with a known good unit. The problem persists if I take out all the ram in the system except channel A on both CPUs

Ihaqueit
Trusted Contributor

In this situation remove all RAM and add any new  to test, same with power supply remove all power supply and check one by one.

The oddest part of this issue, is if I leave the machine unplugged for several hours, it will start up and run for between 1-5 hours. 

This time if possible update the firmware, chances to solve the issue.

I Haq
bradc87
Occasional Advisor

i just removed one cpu, and all but one stick of ram (in channel A for Cpu 1) .. issue is still persisting.

have tested both power supplies individually.. no change

Ihaqueit
Trusted Contributor

You already reseat try to  Applied the hotfix. If succesful ok otherwise chances to board issue.

I Haq
bradc87
Occasional Advisor

I have not applied any firmware updates yet, I do not have an active support subscription. Can you tell me where I can download the update packages for this machine, and I can install through iLO

Ihaqueit
Trusted Contributor

Checkout this.

HPESC Search Results

I Haq
bradc87
Occasional Advisor

I have flashed the bios, looks like it was the version I was already running. no change 

System ROM P70 05/24/2019

System ROM Date 05/24/2019

Backup System ROM P70 12/20/2015

License Type iLO Advanced

iLO Firmware Version 2.73 Feb 11 2020

bradc87
Occasional Advisor

Hopefully this is a clue to help diagnose whats going on with my machine. At the moment if I wait long enough between attempts, i can start the machine. It typically boots normally and loads into the OS... however it only runs for an hour, and then shuts down with the red light flashing.

Its strange to me that it boots and runs fine for this period..  any thoughts?